Vintage Fabulousness and Fun

We have known each other since our Freshman year in high school. About one million laughs later, we are in search of vintage items, cool stuff and a lot more laughs. It's addictive. Feed the monkey.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Family Vintage

A friend asked me to post a picture of my Mom. She said she felt as if she knew her because of the blog postings where I have mentioned her. I have a few vintage family photos that have somehow ended up on my computer so why not? This little ditty is my Mom holding me after I got into her lipstick. This picture is probably circa 1959.
This next picture of my Mom is a bad copy, but you can catch her '70s essence with her frosted hair. I think this picture was in 1974 at my sister's wedding (hope I got that year right!!) Mom was a working gal and I think her 'do worked for her. My sister and I had gone with long, straight hair by then. 
And this last one is me in my Disneyland Donald Duck hat but the real star is the bitchin' lamp behind me!  Mom still has the lamp but gave it a paint job and changed out the shade to match her changing decor in the late 60's--early 70s. I think I was in about second grade, so about 1964 in this photo, judging by my  haircut.
                                               
Someday I will scan and post all my elementary school pictures and you can have a laugh at my expense when you see some of those haircuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment