Vintage Fabulousness and Fun

We have known each other since our Freshman year in high school. About one million laughs later, we are in search of vintage items, cool stuff and a lot more laughs. It's addictive. Feed the monkey.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Good Sign, Bad Sign

One of our Gypsy Sisters is Cheryl and she tapped me about selling out at the Santa Rosa Flea Market last Sunday and although I had way too much on my plate, I said yes because we always have fun and it was a last ditch effort to sell before Christmas. So I packed the car at 11 pm the night before, she showed up at 6 am and we rolled on. It seemed warmer at 6 am than it had been the night before. A good sign.

Got to the Flea, found our space and we finally figured out that the pickup truck parked in the middle of our spot was from the night before...not someone who had driven in that morning. A bad sign.  Found the gal running the Flea, got moved a couple of spots, made the move easily with the help of a couple of fellow sellers. A good sign.

The reason we had help was so those guys could pick as we brought stuff out of the car...after a few snarky-we-haven't-had-enough-coffee-let-us-unpack-our-shit answers, they took the hint and moved on. A good sign.  The sun was coming up and then we noticed that directly across from us was a dead seagull. Really? Someone said a cat had been responsible because they only eat the heads. Wh..Wh..What? A bad sign.  Cheryl told me to take a picture but it didn't appeal to me then and still doesn't now...except this blog posting has only one picture!

Day gets going and we notice that we are FREEZING. Native Californians...temp is under 50 and it might as well be minus 12 degrees. Another bad sign.  Not many sellers there...another bad sign.  Not many people out....bad, bad, bad.  Overall, it was a bust for us sellers so we went out shopping. Cheryl scored some nice stuff and I had to resist this bitchin' pair of lamps from the 50's cuz, well, I don't need them, but I loved them. They will haunt me.  My fun score of the day was this:
This Kodak Brownie  Hawkeye camera is exactly the one that we had as a family camera in the 50's - 60's until my Dad got his 35 mm Minolta. I loved using that thing. Not sure what ever happened to it but now I have one of my very own. I'm not sure I can sell it!  Probably not a good sign.




1 comment:

  1. Lovin my new cookie jar...70's orange lid and groovin square shape sitting pretty on my kitchen counter. My hands have finally thawed out, thank gawd, but my kidneys are still warm (snorts, giggles) I still think we should have had a funeral or something for that poor seagull. Cats!*(&^%&... namaste...bitches

    ReplyDelete